Data for digital Archives - Ekino global
The objective – Build a user-centric approach via a new digital platform
Arkema is a global leader in innovative and sustainable specialty materials, with sales of €8 billion and operations in 55 countries. As Arkema accelerates its organic growth in all countries, the company has decided to overhaul all its websites, cornerstones of the B2B digital customer experience. The challenge was to develop customer acquisition and loyalty via a user-centric approach to attract visitors, introduce them to all the Group’s products and brands, and generate qualified leads for the sales teams. It is in this context that ekino supported Arkema in the digital transformation of its sales.
websites deployed on a Jahia platform, including corporate sites, brand sites, and country sites with two different group charters
people dedicated to the project
Challenges – A profound transformation
The challenges we faced were diverse and numerous:
● Methodological and cultural: This was the first project carried out in agile for our client
● Organizational with many actors involved throughout the project, from different businesses, companies, and countries, in a context of fragmented project teams due to the Covid-19 pandemic
● Techno-functional, with a complex need to adapt to a platform while guaranteeing the maintainability of the functionalities developed
● Cultural, with nearly 40 languages integrated with all their technical specificities with a strong consulting value
● Pedagogical, with support for local webmasters in managing change.
Our solution – A unique digital platform optimised for both the Arkema group’s webmasters and the sites’ visitors.
Thanks to agile methodology, we were able to prioritise the backlog and create high value-added functionalities.
● Support and advice throughout the implementation of the technical architecture
● The implementation of user support in HCM
● The creation of new user paths and a graphic charter aligned with the Group branding for all new sites
● The drafting of a complete user guide including videos
● A comprehensive training program for users worldwide
Finally, we organised our delivery to best meet the Group’s challenges by dividing the functionalities in the following way:
● The common base for the Arkema and Bostik brands was implemented in 9 months, which allowed the launch of the Bostik sites one after the other.
● On the other hand, the Arkema-specific functionalities enabling the launch of the Arkema sites, were implemented over a 3 months period.
Ekino has been a valuable partner. They have always provided concrete and relevant solutions. They supported us in the best way possible to get this project out within the defined timeframe. In the context of a pandemic and lockdown, the ekino teams showed great resilience and remained motivated and committed to the project. As a B2B company, with ekino, we feel we are listened to and considered, which is very reassuring and satisfying.
The results – Streamlining costs and transferring skills
Proxima has been an essential building block in Arkema’s digitalization. This project has helped to instill new methods within the group. The Arkema teams who worked on this project acquired several skills, in particular the agile method and value-based prioritization.
The objective of rationalizing costs was achieved, as the whole group was put on the same technical platform. Jahia components have been developed that can be used by both the Bostik teams and the other BUs.
The objective – Putting Maersk front of mind Over the past few years, Maersk has faced complaints by one of its important customer segments, who claim the brand has had unsatisfactory customer service and reliability issues. As Maersk introduced innovative new features to address these problems, we were tasked with re-engaging customers, and re-enforcing relationships […]
Lire la suite de Maersk
Objectives – Rethinking supply supervision
Bolloré Energy distributes heating oil, diesel, and gas oil to 600,000 private and professional customers worldwide. On the occasion of the technical overhaul of the main application used by its petroleum product supply service, Bolloré Energy asked ekino and MFG Labs to assist in this tool’s functional and visual design. The objective for this new application was to better support the department’s employees in their daily missions:
- The daily setting of basic sales prices used by the sales agencies.
- Management of stocks and product orders.
- Monitoring the coverage of sales and purchases of products on the stock markets.
Screen wireframes and variations produced
Graphic mock-ups, a style guide, and a design guide delivered
Challenges – How to design a tool adapted to different uses in a complex business context?
The oil market being highly fluctuating, the employees of the supply department needed personalised tools. This application had to be efficient and flexible to quickly react to unforeseen events such as a drop in oil prices or strikes at a storage site.
We faced three main challenges:
- Understanding a complex business context between logistics and financial trading.
- Rationalising the ecosystem of tools, transforming new uses, historically very spreadsheet-oriented, into ergonomic interfaces that allow the best possible visualisation of data.
- Engage business teams by quickly presenting them with operational and directly implementable solutions.
Our solution – Integrate the business teams into the design process
To better understand the reality of the different business uses, and to challenge the specifications initially provided, we proposed the project teams an initial phase of observation and interviews with all the department’s employees.
Subsequently, they were fully integrated into the tool’s co-design workshops, either by participating in creating the journeys or by validating the possible solutions. The involvement of all future users in the design of the application facilitated its subsequent adoption.
« The intervention of the ekino teams allowed us to ask ourselves the right questions, to challenge ourselves, and to rally towards our common goal. »
The results – Improved business performance and experience
Co-creation allowed Bolloré Energy’s business teams to truly identify their functional needs. The business teams were entirely on board and convinced by the approach, thereby ensuring this new tool’s adoption once in production. We are proud to have contributed to
- The design of complex business tools for the energy sector
- A user-centric methodology that takes into account the needs, uses, and cognitive reality of users
- Immersion in the business, analysis of uses and needs in the field
- The creation of business interfaces with high stakes in the visualisation of a large quantity of data.
Do you have questions or you want to evaluate the digitalization of your project in the energy sector?
The Objective – Providing a turnkey solution for TV providers through the Cloud The rise of VOD platforms has forever changed the way we consume TV and video content. From pure players to TV channels, all actors offer VOD or replay services in today’s competitive landscape. These changes are now extending to developing countries and […]
Lire la suite de Eutelsat
Lire la suite de
Lire la suite de